Posts Tagged Blog
Hey Everyone! Okay, before you say anything… I would just like to take time out to THANK ALL OF YOU for supporting my labor of love.. my blog. Over the last month, real life has definitely caught up with me and re-branding this blog, real life, and family has definitely taken up a lot of my time (so please forgive me for not commenting on all of your wonderful blogs.. and yes, I do still read each and every one of them ).
So again, I want to thank all of you for supporting this blog, and we will return to our regularly scheduled programming right now (no sentimental stuff lol) . And hopefully finally (with re-branding coming to a near end), I can finally comment on all of your wonderful blogs once again .
Editors Note: If you would like to feature your blog on Pure Complex, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your blog must have one or all of the components that this blog currently has (Recipes, Interior Design, Art, Photography, Architecture, DIY). Please keep in mind, every blog may not be featured.
When I was in fourth grade, I wanted to play an instrument and be in my elementary school band (yes, we actually had one). But, I was quickly told.. “You have to choose another instrument in order to play in the band. The instrument you’re interested in is no longer available“. My little heart was hurt, and I didn’t know what to do.. so I decided to go home and consult with my mother.
For some reason, I couldn’t get a hold of my mother, but my father called. He quickly told me “Jelly bean, never give up. If you want something, fight for it. Dream you will have it tonight, and go back to school and find a solution“. The next day I did just that and I got my instrument.
The point of this story is to remind you.. that dreams can come true. From that day on, I became a dreamer. Even when people told me dreams don’t pay the rent.. I found another solution.. I started this blog. And I never looked back.
There comes a time in a blogs life, when it has to grow up and become what it’s really meant to be; and if you own a blog, you might understand this statement. Right now, Pure Complex, is being re-branded as we speak. Last year, I promised my readers (the best audience and blog family in the world I might add), that I would share more of myself, more amazing and unique art, and more inspirational things in general. I intend to keep that promise. So if the menu, footer image, side panel, logo for this blog, or content changes or becomes more original.. don’t be alarmed. It’s just me helping this blog be a grown up (smiles).
Re-branding, any blog, can be a challenge (if you didn’t do it right the first time); but it can also be fun. So if your blog finds itself in need of a change.. here are some tips, I’ve learned, that might help…
1. Write down your blogging goals: Where do you see your blog going in the next 2-5 years? What do you want to accomplish with your blog? This will help guide you to the success that you want.
2. Do what you love: I’m so happy to blog about what I love.. but a lot of people haven’t found their niche yet. Take a moment to think about what makes you happy and what you really want to blog about. Once you figure it out, begin to slowly take steps to change your blog around. You may lose some of your audience, but you will regain more in the long run. Remember, if you blog about what you love, people will come.
3. Sometimes you may not need to do a major overhaul to re-brand your blog… you may just need to redesign your blog design. Of course this is easier said than done, but if you don’t understand CSS or any other HTML lingo, seek help. There are inexpensive, but great designers who would love to help (check out Etsy and search for “Blog Design“). This article can also help you decide to re-brand or re-design.
I adore and appreciate all of you for supporting this blog and I can promise that nothing will change dramatically here. There will still be inspirational post everyday.. but they will be original (which I am happy about and expect the originality in 3-4 months). Enjoy the day
As promised.. here is another round of 10 questions.. answered by your host.. the wonderful and the tired Kay (the crowd goes wild). Well, everyone should have a cheering section somewhere in their head to flatter themselves ( laughs & smiles).
1. Describe yourself in seven words
Loving, Caring, Friend, Sweet, Supportive, Artist, and Unselfish. My mother always taught me to know my self worth.. it took me some time but I know now (smiles).
2. What keeps you up at Night?
Creativity (laughs). When I try to go to bed, something happens in my brain where I start to get amazing ideas for the blog or for art pieces I know I can create. I don’t know what it is.. I but I get the best ideas at night, and in the shower (laughs).
3. Who would I like to be?
Me. Please don’t take that comment and think I’m conceited, but I don’t want to live in anyone else’s shoes but my own. I believe we all have something unique that makes us.. us. We are all here for a purpose.
4. What am I wearing right now?
Oh sheesh lol… it’s night-time here (get your mind out of the gutter *laughs*). I’m wearing black leggings, a relaxed V-neck tee, with a cup of chamomile tea in my hand. Okay the tea had nothing to do with the question.. but I love this tea (laughs).
5. What scares me?
Waking up and noticing my family is gone. Of course that will never happen but, that would scare the life out of me. I’m also a bit scared of spiders and rats. Yes I live in NYC but I don’t like rats (laughs).
6. The best and worst of blogging.
To me the best of blogging consist of two things.. meeting new people and sharing a little of myself and creativity with the world. I love meeting new people (I get that from my grandmother) and so many of you have taught me so many wonderful things. Thank You. I also never thought I’d share myself, but I’m having a ball doing so (smiles).
The worst thing about blogging is the SPAM. I am not a SPAM lover (laughs). And I dislike seeing my blog pinged by spam websites. So when I get angry about it, I just think “I must be amazing.. that’s why they’re spamming me” (laughs so hard).
7. The last website I visited.
This very blog (smiles). I usually check my blog before going to bed.
8. What is the one thing I would change about myself.
I can be a bit impatient when I’m very excited about something (smiles). For example: If I was visiting Paris tonight, with a friend, I would be up and ready 5 hours before my flight and rush them to get ready too (laughs).
9. Slankets yes or no?
What the heck is a slanket? (laughing hard). Just give me a warm Ikea MYSA STRÅ comforter and I’m happy.
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you!
Well I was tagged by two wonderful bloggers.. Betsy of Bits and Breadcrumbs & Craves Adventurer.
* Betsy always has something wonderful on Bits and Breadcrumbs. Just the other day she posted a deviled egg recipe that I loved. So, I proceeded to make them one night when I was snacky (smiles). Her blog just has a wonderful presence and if you don’t visit.. you will certainly miss something special.
* What can I say about Craves Adventurer that the title doesn’t already say (smiles). From the inspirational messages, to the travel spots I can’t wait to visit.. yes, I definitely enjoy being immersed in her blog. She even got a song stuck in my head for an hour (laughs). Make sure you visit.. especially if you crave adventure.
I have enjoyed sharing myself with you, my blog family.. & I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it. Happy Saturday!