Over the past couple of months, I’ve been blessed and humbled by bloggers who have nominated me for wonderful awards and who have tagged me with very interesting questions (I didn’t forget). Kristy, over at the inspiring blog Eat, Play, Love (she is truly an amazing blog friend).. tagged me with some interesting questions that she calls “Bloggers Unplugged”..1. What, or Who, inspired you to start a blog?
One day I was in the shower and the idea came to me to start a blog. From that day on, I became a dedicated blogger. I have no clue what inspired me to have that thought, but I’m glad I did.
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
Believe it or not.. my mother and my grandmother. For most of my life, I remember having family dinners. My grandmother wanted to have one every chance she got (laughs), and that required mainly my mom and her to cook. I would always sit in the kitchen, and learn a lot more than I thought (apparently I have a great memory).
3. Your greasiest, batter-splattered food/drink book is?
The greasiest thing I’ve ever messed up is a recipe paper (laughs). I have a habit of printing out my favorite recipes, while I’m on the run, and messing them up in the process of cooking (laughs).
4. Tell us about the best thing that you have eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
Can you believe I’ve never left the US yet?! During college, I dealt with losing my grandmother and took care of other family issues that required me to stay close to home (I love my family). Now, at 32, I am saving and ready to start my adventure.. I can’t wait. Any suggestions?
5. Another food blogger’s table that we’d like to eat at?
Would you believe me if I said.. I would eat at everyone’s table if I could? You should, because I would.. if I could (laughs). But if I had to choose.. I would visit Linda for her amazing Italian cuisine; then I would visit Kristy for an amazing regional dish; then you’ll probably see me head on over to Greg and Katherine’s kitchen for some good ol’ southern cooking. I probably should have visited Kelly or Lisa for something healthy, but in my dream world, that’s what I would do (laughs).
6. What is the one kitchen gadget that you would ask for this year?
O Kitchen Aid, O Kitchen Aid.. Wherefore Art Thou Kitchen Aid? (laughs)
7. Who taught you how to cook?
Of course.. my mom and my grandmother. I remember my mom started me off with scrambling eggs, baking cookies or brownies (yes, I had a Easy Bake Oven and loved it).. then I graduated to burgers, chicken, and steak as a pre-teen. Yup.. I was a quick study.
8. I’m coming to you for dinner, what is your signature dish?
It really depends. I’m a southern cooker through and through.. but I love Italian, Polynesian, Asian, and other cuisines. But if I had to choose.. I would say.. my mother’s homemade, fluffy Butter Biscuits and my grandmother’s famous Buttermilk Chicken.
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
That’s easy.. Chocolate (smiles). But if you asked me what restaurant I go to for a guilty pleasure… I’d say CPK! California Pizza Kitchen. I just can’t help it.. I LOVE that place.
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I was a band geek.. from 4th grade until college. Yes, I can play all woodwind instruments; but my favorite instrument (I played most of my life) is the flute. I love the fact that I can still read sheet music after all this time. Oh, and did I mention I was in chorus and my church choir since I was 10? Yes, my mother was determined to keep me from hanging out with the wrong crowd. And what can I say.. it worked (that’s why I talk about my mother so much.. I just love her. She’s a pain but I love her lol).
Believe it or not, each time I’m nominated for a blog award.. I am left humbled.. So thank you to:
1. M. Hunter from “I Live, I Love, I Teach” and Johanna from “Restless Jo” awarded me with the Liebster Award. Both of these bloggers always have something wonderful to say on their blogs.. and I love visiting.
2. Ms. Cecilia over at “The Kitchens Garden” awarded me with the Reader Appreciation Award. Ms. Cecilia reminds me of my grandmother.. which always leaves a smile on my face whenever I visit her amazing space.
3. And last, but certainly not least.. Nia from “Photography Of Nia“, Tina & Jennifer from “365 Veterans“, and Carla from “The Sticky Egg” awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. I love all three of these blogs.. because they always seem to inspire me.
4. I also want to say a special thank you to Lisa over at La Vie éclectique. I was so touched by her birthday post.. that I cried and felt truly special.. Thank you Lisa (smiles).
Next Saturday.. stay tuned for another set of tag questions.. from the blogs.. Craves Adventure & Bits and Breadcrumbs. This should be fun. Enjoy your Saturday..