Posts Tagged Personal
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Memorial Day today! And to our troops, I must say… Thank you for your service. It will never be forgotten!
So everyone, enjoy your BBQ’s (I know I will be ), and I will finally be back to blogging business tomorrow! Vacation is over and I can’t wait to speak with all of you again. Pure Complex is back!
To all the experienced mothers, new moms, family members/friends who take on the role as mom, and moms to be.. I wish you a wonderful and Happy Mother’s Day!
As promised.. here is another round of 10 questions.. answered by your host.. the wonderful and the tired Kay (the crowd goes wild). Well, everyone should have a cheering section somewhere in their head to flatter themselves ( laughs & smiles).
1. Describe yourself in seven words
Loving, Caring, Friend, Sweet, Supportive, Artist, and Unselfish. My mother always taught me to know my self worth.. it took me some time but I know now (smiles).
2. What keeps you up at Night?
Creativity (laughs). When I try to go to bed, something happens in my brain where I start to get amazing ideas for the blog or for art pieces I know I can create. I don’t know what it is.. I but I get the best ideas at night, and in the shower (laughs).
3. Who would I like to be?
Me. Please don’t take that comment and think I’m conceited, but I don’t want to live in anyone else’s shoes but my own. I believe we all have something unique that makes us.. us. We are all here for a purpose.
4. What am I wearing right now?
Oh sheesh lol… it’s night-time here (get your mind out of the gutter *laughs*). I’m wearing black leggings, a relaxed V-neck tee, with a cup of chamomile tea in my hand. Okay the tea had nothing to do with the question.. but I love this tea (laughs).
5. What scares me?
Waking up and noticing my family is gone. Of course that will never happen but, that would scare the life out of me. I’m also a bit scared of spiders and rats. Yes I live in NYC but I don’t like rats (laughs).
6. The best and worst of blogging.
To me the best of blogging consist of two things.. meeting new people and sharing a little of myself and creativity with the world. I love meeting new people (I get that from my grandmother) and so many of you have taught me so many wonderful things. Thank You. I also never thought I’d share myself, but I’m having a ball doing so (smiles).
The worst thing about blogging is the SPAM. I am not a SPAM lover (laughs). And I dislike seeing my blog pinged by spam websites. So when I get angry about it, I just think “I must be amazing.. that’s why they’re spamming me” (laughs so hard).
7. The last website I visited.
This very blog (smiles). I usually check my blog before going to bed.
8. What is the one thing I would change about myself.
I can be a bit impatient when I’m very excited about something (smiles). For example: If I was visiting Paris tonight, with a friend, I would be up and ready 5 hours before my flight and rush them to get ready too (laughs).
9. Slankets yes or no?
What the heck is a slanket? (laughing hard). Just give me a warm Ikea MYSA STRÅ comforter and I’m happy.
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you!
Well I was tagged by two wonderful bloggers.. Betsy of Bits and Breadcrumbs & Craves Adventurer.
* Betsy always has something wonderful on Bits and Breadcrumbs. Just the other day she posted a deviled egg recipe that I loved. So, I proceeded to make them one night when I was snacky (smiles). Her blog just has a wonderful presence and if you don’t visit.. you will certainly miss something special.
* What can I say about Craves Adventurer that the title doesn’t already say (smiles). From the inspirational messages, to the travel spots I can’t wait to visit.. yes, I definitely enjoy being immersed in her blog. She even got a song stuck in my head for an hour (laughs). Make sure you visit.. especially if you crave adventure.
I have enjoyed sharing myself with you, my blog family.. & I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it. Happy Saturday!
Over the past couple of months, I’ve been blessed and humbled by bloggers who have nominated me for wonderful awards and who have tagged me with very interesting questions (I didn’t forget). Kristy, over at the inspiring blog Eat, Play, Love (she is truly an amazing blog friend).. tagged me with some interesting questions that she calls “Bloggers Unplugged”..1. What, or Who, inspired you to start a blog?
One day I was in the shower and the idea came to me to start a blog. From that day on, I became a dedicated blogger. I have no clue what inspired me to have that thought, but I’m glad I did.
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
Believe it or not.. my mother and my grandmother. For most of my life, I remember having family dinners. My grandmother wanted to have one every chance she got (laughs), and that required mainly my mom and her to cook. I would always sit in the kitchen, and learn a lot more than I thought (apparently I have a great memory).
3. Your greasiest, batter-splattered food/drink book is?
The greasiest thing I’ve ever messed up is a recipe paper (laughs). I have a habit of printing out my favorite recipes, while I’m on the run, and messing them up in the process of cooking (laughs).
4. Tell us about the best thing that you have eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
Can you believe I’ve never left the US yet?! During college, I dealt with losing my grandmother and took care of other family issues that required me to stay close to home (I love my family). Now, at 32, I am saving and ready to start my adventure.. I can’t wait. Any suggestions?
5. Another food blogger’s table that we’d like to eat at?
Would you believe me if I said.. I would eat at everyone’s table if I could? You should, because I would.. if I could (laughs). But if I had to choose.. I would visit Linda for her amazing Italian cuisine; then I would visit Kristy for an amazing regional dish; then you’ll probably see me head on over to Greg and Katherine’s kitchen for some good ol’ southern cooking. I probably should have visited Kelly or Lisa for something healthy, but in my dream world, that’s what I would do (laughs).
6. What is the one kitchen gadget that you would ask for this year?
O Kitchen Aid, O Kitchen Aid.. Wherefore Art Thou Kitchen Aid? (laughs)
7. Who taught you how to cook?
Of course.. my mom and my grandmother. I remember my mom started me off with scrambling eggs, baking cookies or brownies (yes, I had a Easy Bake Oven and loved it).. then I graduated to burgers, chicken, and steak as a pre-teen. Yup.. I was a quick study.
8. I’m coming to you for dinner, what is your signature dish?
It really depends. I’m a southern cooker through and through.. but I love Italian, Polynesian, Asian, and other cuisines. But if I had to choose.. I would say.. my mother’s homemade, fluffy Butter Biscuits and my grandmother’s famous Buttermilk Chicken.
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
That’s easy.. Chocolate (smiles). But if you asked me what restaurant I go to for a guilty pleasure… I’d say CPK! California Pizza Kitchen. I just can’t help it.. I LOVE that place.
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
I was a band geek.. from 4th grade until college. Yes, I can play all woodwind instruments; but my favorite instrument (I played most of my life) is the flute. I love the fact that I can still read sheet music after all this time. Oh, and did I mention I was in chorus and my church choir since I was 10? Yes, my mother was determined to keep me from hanging out with the wrong crowd. And what can I say.. it worked (that’s why I talk about my mother so much.. I just love her. She’s a pain but I love her lol).
Believe it or not, each time I’m nominated for a blog award.. I am left humbled.. So thank you to:
1. M. Hunter from “I Live, I Love, I Teach” and Johanna from “Restless Jo” awarded me with the Liebster Award. Both of these bloggers always have something wonderful to say on their blogs.. and I love visiting.
2. Ms. Cecilia over at “The Kitchens Garden” awarded me with the Reader Appreciation Award. Ms. Cecilia reminds me of my grandmother.. which always leaves a smile on my face whenever I visit her amazing space.
3. And last, but certainly not least.. Nia from “Photography Of Nia“, Tina & Jennifer from “365 Veterans“, and Carla from “The Sticky Egg” awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. I love all three of these blogs.. because they always seem to inspire me.
4. I also want to say a special thank you to Lisa over at La Vie éclectique. I was so touched by her birthday post.. that I cried and felt truly special.. Thank you Lisa (smiles).
Today is my birthday!!! I am 32 today (I’m not afraid to mention my age because my grandmother once told me.. getting older only makes a woman more beautiful. I miss her so very much). And I don’t think I would’ve become the woman I am now, without my mothers guidance.
My mother took care of me and my 2 older siblings on her own. And she was the celebrity in my eyes, even though I didn’t know it. She taught me how to be strong, that it was okay to cry, and being myself was the most important thing I had to do. I will forever love her. Thank you mommy.
I would also like to take the time out to thank all of you for supporting this blog. You make it easy for me to find inspirational art for you (smiles.. And to my best friend.. thank you for everything *smiles*). So please.. raise your glasses (my cranberry juice glass of course).. and join me in my celebration. Cheers!